viernes, 20 de enero de 2012

13 / OUMOU SANGARE

I find Oumou Sangare in Madrid a few years ago. Just by a coincidence, she was singing in front of me in a red land and forest's rain style (don´t ask me why). I've choosen my favorite song of her work Worotan:

 "Djorolen"




Lyrics tranlated into english: I worry about my future and what I will become /...In anguish, the bird sigs it song in the forest/ More and more, we live in a world ruled by individualism, a selfish world / I worry about the future of the world.

More things about Oumou Sangare from the Wikipedia:

Oumou Sangare (born February 25, 1968, in Bamako, Mali) is a Malian Wassoulou musician, sometimes referred to as "The Songbird of Wassoulou." She is an advocate for women's rights, opposing child marriage and polygamy.
Although she also has been a goodwill ambassador for FAO she still says she does not want to be a politician: "While you're an artist, you're free to say what you think; when you're a politician, you follow instructions from higher up." [3]




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario